Monday, January 28, 2019

A different Thursday

Hi everyone,
   Roosevelt invited us all to attend an event at Grace Church on Pelham Road in Greenville called "The African American Experience." Roosevelt and Hillary already attended the event last week and had good things to say about it. My understanding is that it is primarily a talk/lecture with a question and answer session.

https://gracechurchsc.org/event/the-african-american-experience-how-we-got-here/

We will not have normal community group this Thursday so that we might be able to attend this event.  It event begins at 6:30.

For anyone who would like to, we are going to meet at PDQ, the chicken place, on Pelham Road at 5:30 for a casual dinner and then head over to the church. I plan on leaving my house a little before 5. I believe that I am the only one from my family who will be able to attend. So, I will have lots of room for anyone that would like to car pool.

We know that the distant and time is not convenient for many people, but we hope that at least a few of us can make it.

Blessings!

4 comments:

  1. In case you're worried about the distance, it's on the Spartanburg side of Greenville, five minutes off of the 85/Pelham Rd exit. It takes me about 30 minutes to get there from my house, so not too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure if we can come yet- I have a cold that has gotten progressively worse as the week has gone on. I’ll let you know tomorrow depending on how I am feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, we will not be ale to make it tonight. It sounds really great though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We won’t be able to come either- I actually stayed home sick from work today and am trying to sleep it off. I hope it’s great and can’t wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete